Johns Hopkins University subscribes to Microsoft Office 365. This means you can obtain the latest version of many common Microsoft software, including the full Office suite, for both Mac and PC platforms. To do so:
- Go to https://portal.office.com. The Microsoft Office 365 Portal displays.
- On the portal page, type your email in the appropriate space, being careful to follow this format: JHEDID@jh.edu (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org NOT @jhu.edu).
- After typing your email address in, hit Tab on the keyboard, as if to move to the password field. The portal redirects to the Johns Hopkins Enterprise Directory (JHED) authentication page.
- On the JHED authentication page, type your credentials in the appropriate fields and click Login. Your personal Office 365 Home page displays.
- On your Office 365 Home page, under Install Office 2016 on your PC, click Install now and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Go to my.jh.edu and login with your JHED ID
- Hover over Technology in the left menu
- Select Office 365 Portal