There are several options for annotating with a touch device or stylus on your computer including traditional digital drawing tablets such as Wacom, laptops with touchscreens, and mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones. In this quick tutorial, we’ll go through two options for writing on the whiteboard or annotating in applications: 1. Zoom mobile app, 2. mirror your iPhone or iPad to your computer.
Zoom Mobile App
This is the easiest approach.
- Download and install the Zoom mobile app from the app store
- Open the Zoom mobile app
- Click Start a Meeting (if you want to run the meeting on your iPad) or Join your own meeting as participant (if you want to run the meeting from your computer but annotate on what you’re sharing on your desktop with your iPad)
- Click Share and select the app you would like to use for annotation (e.g., screen, Box, whiteboard, etc.)
Zoom Screen Mirroring
This is a little more involved to set up but works well. The reason you might want to use this is if you want to use the audio and webcam from your computer but also want to share a whiteboard or annotate on a presentation.
- Download and install the iPhone/iPad plugin on your computer
- Make sure both your computer and iPhone/iPad are on the same WiFi network
- Open Zoom on your computer and start a meeting
- Click Share and then iPhone/iPad
- On iPhone/iPad swipe up to access your settings for flashlight, brightness, etc., and select “Screen Mirroring”
- In your Screen Mirroring options, select the computer with which you want to share your iPhone/iPad screen
Note: it will be in this format “Zoom-yourcomputername”
Now you can use your iPhone or iPad like a drawing tablet.
If you have questions, feel free to contact EP Help Desk.