Johns Hopkins Engineering provides faculty with several tools for video capture and screen recording: Camtasia Studio, Kaltura Capture, and Zoom Cloud Recording. If you have questions or need an account, please contact us.
Camtasia Studio is a full-featured, flexible tool media capture, editing, and screen recording. Whether you’re recording a voice over presentation or doing more intensive video editing, Camtasia Studio is a great solution. We provide a license to Johns Hopkins Engineering faculty.
- Go to https://www.techsmith.com/download/camtasia/
- Download and install Camtasia
- Contact us for the software key
- Activate Camtasia using the key
While Zoom is primarily a web conferencing tool, it’s also a simple way to capture lectures, screen and webcam recordings. We provide Johns Hopkins Engineering faculty in active courses with Zoom accounts. Contact us for an account.
- Download and install Zoom (if you haven’t already)
- Launch Zoom on your computer
- Start a meeting
- For simple screen and webcam recordings, just start a meeting by yourself
- For lecture capture and office hours, record the meeting with everyone present
- Click Record to Cloud
- When you’re ready to end your recording or upload your recording to the cloud, click End Meeting
- You can now access your recorded Zoom recording directly within Blackboard