What is Zoom?
Zoom is a service that not only provides video conferencing and mobile collaboration, it also acts as a conference line, and WSE EP’s Zoom Webinar account can host meetings for up to 500 people.
How Do I Request a Zoom Account
Users in the Whiting School of Engineering (including the Engineering for Professionals program) should fill out the below form or email email@example.com
How Do I Download Zoom
- Go to the WSE EP Zoom site and/or click Download Zoom
- Download the desktop app for your Windows PC or Mac or the mobile app for your iOS or Android device
How Do I Customize My Account
Note: It’s optional to configure your account. You are welcome to use the default settings, which will be ideal for most people.
- Go to the WSE EP Zoom site
- Click Sign In
- Enter your JHED-ID and password and click Login
- OPTIONAL: Click on My Profile and customize your personal meeting link and/or meeting ID
- Click on My Meeting Settings and configure to suit your needs
- Click on My Meetings and Personal Meeting Room and configure your default settings
Below are frequently asked questions about Zoom:
1. Go to wse.zoom.us and click on Host a Meeting and select the option that best suits your meeting
or open the Zoom desktop app and select start a meeting
or open Zoom mobile app and click Start or Schedule Meeting
Invite some people to your meeting by either sending them the meeting link or using the Invite feature in Zoom.
You can find your meeting link and information by copying the invitation for your personal meeting room.
Another way to accomplish this is by adding your Zoom meeting details into the Location field on an appointment. Then, it will be available as an option in the Location dropdown for future meetings.
Zoom Web Portal
You can login to the web portal by going to wse.zoom.us and clicking Sign In.
Zoom Desktop Apps (Mac or PC)
Open Zoom on your computer and then click Login with SSO and use wse for the domain.
Zoom Mobile Apps (Android or iOS)
1. Download the Zoom app in the Google Play or Apple App Store
2. Click on Sign In
3. Click SSO
4. Type “wse” into the open field
5. Login with your JHED-ID and password
- Zoom’s Top Questions and Training Videos
- How do I test my computer’s audio?
- Fixing video meeting disasters
- 4 Tips for getting the most out of Zoom Video Conferencing
- Sign up for Weekly Zoom Training. Or watch a recording available on the same page.